If you’re a fan of both mac and cheese and rice, then you’ll love this scrumptious and one-of-a-kind twist on the classic comfort food. This rice mac and cheese recipe incorporates the creaminess of conventional mac and cheese with the heartiness of rice to produce an enjoyable and tasty meal. Whether you’re searching for a quick weeknight supper or a comforting side meal, this recipe makes sure to hit the spot. So allow’s get started!
1 cup long-grain white rice
2 cups water or veggie brew
1 1/2 mugs shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons saltless butter
1 tsp mustard (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the water or vegetable brew to a boil. Include the rice and decrease the warmth to low. Cover and simmer for about 15-20 mins, or up until the rice is cooked and the fluid is absorbed. Fluff the rice with a fork.
2. Preheat your oven to 350 ? F (175 ? C).
3. In a separate pan, thaw the butter over medium warmth. Include the milk and heat till cozy. Mix in the shredded cheddar cheese till melted and smooth. If wanted, add mustard for added flavor. Season with salt and pepper to preference.
4. Integrate the prepared rice with the cheese sauce in a greased baking meal and mix well, making sure the rice is uniformly coated with the sauce.
5. Cook in the preheated oven for about 15-20 mins, or until the top is golden and bubbly.
6. Remove from the oven and allow it cool down for a couple of mins before offering.
This rice mac and cheese is ideal as a main dish or as a side dish along with grilled chicken, baked salmon, or baked vegetables. Delight in the creamy, tacky benefits combined with the gratifying appearance of rice. It’s a comfort food favorite that the entire household will love!
So following time you’re food craving mac and cheese, give this rice mac and cheese recipe a try. It’s a yummy and interesting twist on a traditional fave that will certainly leave you desiring much more!